I’ve been a little lax this week in getting to updating my blog! Last weekend we went on an amazing game drive at a place called Schotia. The drive was all-inclusive and we got a wonderful dinner at the end! The brochure for the place had a checklist on the back with a list of all the animals they have in the park and we checked off most of them. Again, we found ourselves so close to animals we nearly could have touched them! I’ve seen pretty much all the animals I had hoped to see.
I also had a second lovely trip this week to Hogsback which is a town way inland in the mountains. The grade 7 girls at the school were heading there for a week-long camping trip and I got to join them! The girls stayed at a camp and had a week full of great activities. I had pretty much no responsibilities which was great! The teachers just wanted me to be able to participate in the activities and see all the great things the girls were doing. I got to do the foofie slide (zip line), abseiling (rappelling), and the high ropes course. In the evening, all the teachers and parents sat around drinking beer and wine (WOULD NEVER BE ALLOWED IN THE US!). Tuesday night, the girls went on a night hike and it was the dads' job to hide in the brush and scare them. I got to be a part of the scaring as well and it was such a blast. The girls screamed almost the entire way through--it was hilarious! Wednesday morning, we went on a hike to a beautiful waterfall and got to go swimming there. I left with the headmistress just after lunch on Wednesday. Even the four hour-long drives there and back were beautiful. It was great to see a part of the country that I would never have otherwise seen!
This weekend we are off to Plettenberg Bay and Knysna!
No comments:
Post a Comment