Sunday, February 22, 2009

Dear Mom and Dad,


PLEASE CAN I HAVE A BABY ELEPHANT FOR MY GRADUATION PRESENT!!!!! We went to Addo National Park this weekend and saw TONS of elephants. Without any exaggeration, we saw at least thirty. They were so adorable and I want one. I will give it back when it gets to be real elephant size. There are different prices for the park for South African residents and one of the girls decided to fake a South African accent to get us in for the cheaper price. It was the worst accent I've EVER heard, but it somehow worked so we only payed R25 each (about $2.50). Since it was so cheap to get in, we payed to go on the guided game drive in an open-air range rover. With the tour, you get to go off-road and down by one of the watering holes. We got there and saw so many elephants it was amazing. We saw little baby ones too and they are just so cute. We also saw a lion (far away) keeping watch from the shade over his recent kill, an elon. It is very rare to see lions at Addo during the day so we were EXTREMELY lucky. We also saw an ostrich, and a warthog, plus a few other things. The elephants were so close to us it was unreal!

Next weekend I am off to Capetown. I'm really excited to see the city!

No comments:

Post a Comment